cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

negative values in evaluate features

PaulMailloux
1-Newbie

negative values in evaluate features

Gurus

I have a project where I am trying to capture a measurement value using the evaluate feature and am having a problem with negative values.

Ideally I would like to measure from a coordinate system to some other ref using the coordinate system as the Projection Direction. This in turns reports the X,Y and Z deltas with the appropriate signs which is what I need, rather than absolute values.

Is there a way to capture a single delta value of the three reported values and store it in an evaluate feature or ref dim?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Paul Mailloux ∫ CAD/CAM Applications Engineer

NyproMold 144 Pleasant St Clinton MA 01510 ∫ www.NyproMold.com <">http://www.NyproMold.com>

😧 978-368-4598 * F: 978-365-4548

E: - <">mailto:->

This e-mail may contain information which is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is prohibited.

In the event of any error in transmission, unauthorized recipients are requested to contact the sender immediately and not to disclose or make use of this information. No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of NyproMold with another party by email without express written confirmation by NyproMold Offices.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Paul,

Use an distance analysis feature using Analysis > Measure > Distance.

Inside the distance dialog box change the analysis feature type from Quick to Feature.

Now click the Feature tab and check the check box next to all three projected distance parameters. This will create a feature within the model tree that you can reference in relation equations or on a drawing using the feature id numbers.

Steve

In Reply to Paul Mailloux:

Gurus

I have a project where I am trying to capture a measurement value using the evaluate feature and am having a problem with negative values.

Ideally I would like to measure from a coordinate system to some other ref using the coordinate system as the Projection Direction. This in turns reports the X,Y and Z deltas with the appropriate signs which is what I need, rather than absolute values.

Is there a way to capture a single delta value of the three reported values and store it in an evaluate feature or ref dim?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Paul Mailloux ∫ CAD/CAM Applications Engineer

NyproMold 144 Pleasant St Clinton MA 01510 ∫ www.NyproMold.com <

😧 978-368-4598 * F: 978-365-4548

E: - <

This e-mail may contain information which is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is prohibited.

In the event of any error in transmission, unauthorized recipients are requested to contact the sender immediately and not to disclose or make use of this information. No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of NyproMold with another party by email without express written confirmation by NyproMold Offices.

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Announcements

Top Tags