cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

pro crashes fx4500

jwaffensmith
4-Participant

pro crashes fx4500

I have a machine that crashesout of pro without warning and with out a real pattern it is a dell precision 490 with a pny nvidia quadro fx 4500 with the driver 186.18. build of pro is m070. any help would be really really cool.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Jeff, We have had the same issue with Pro/E, on both Unix and Intel platforms, WF2.0, previous versions and also WF4.0. We will be working and with no warning, we will get dropped out of Pro. I just got a new computer (M6400, had a M65) and was kicked out today when going to create a tiff image. It is not consistent, as I went back in and it was okay doing the exact same thing. Just save often and report problems to PTC is the best thing, but hard to reproduce sometimes especially this. Dennis

If other drivers dont help it may be a faulty memory bar. I once had one.

Thanks for your input we have tried various drivers without success. This memory bar you speak of. Is that what you plug the ram or graphics card into? if you bar went out did it crash with other programs?

It was computer memory (RAM). I ran a stresstest for some time and by pulling out the other bar I was able to identify the culprit.
Top Tags