cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

[A11514] Unhandled Exception?

skelley
1-Newbie

[A11514] Unhandled Exception?

Hi all,

Trying to see if anyone in the community has experienced a similar issue...

Using either Arbortext 6.0, or 6.1 [32 bit or 64 bit] latest builds, I get an [A11514] Unhandled Exception error out of the blue. There is no apparent workflow that causes this except perhaps time. It happens sometimes when starting the application up without opening any files. It always happens when open for extended amount of time. I have an open case for this but no resolution in site.

Seems like a memory issue or perhaps something on my system conflicts with Arbortext.

Anyone experience similar issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Discovered the problem was a third party tool called Roboform. Removing that browser plug-in and tool stopped all unhandled exceptions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Working with support... seem to have pinpointed the issue. I get the unhandled exception error when the Resource Manager pane is open for DITA topics and maps. Still working to try and isolate the issue further.

If I keep the Resource Manager closed, the application will not throw an unhandled exception error.

Discovered the problem was a third party tool called Roboform. Removing that browser plug-in and tool stopped all unhandled exceptions.

Thanks for documenting this. I started having this issue this morning for the first time after applying a Windows Update overnight. When I saw this, I tried exiting out of RoboForm, and Arbortext Editor worked fine after that. I store all of my website and application passwords in RoboForm, so I didn't want to uninstall it. It's a bit annoying, but I just have to remember to exit RoboForm every time I use to make sure it won't crash Editor.

It's worth noting that I didn't need to uninstall it from my browser. The browser toolbar is still there, and it uses RoboForm running in the background. Exiting RoboForm does not affect the functionality of the toolbar. I can still use it, but it launches RoboForm in the background, so I need to remember to exit out of it every time I use it. Incidentally, I can use it while Arbortext Editor is still open in the background, but I just have to make sure I exit out of it before doing anything in Editor again.

I thought I would add this note for other RoboForm users that might experience this issue so that they know they don't have to completely uninstall RoboForm to get Arbortext Editor working again. You just can run them simultaneously. Also, as noted previously, you can run them simultaneously if you keep the Resource Manager closed. I rarely use it, so that might be how I've avoided this error in the past.

I just wanted to add that I misstated being able to run RoboForm simultaneously with Arbortext if the Resource Manager was closed. It doesn't matter whether the Resource Manager is open or not. If RoboForm is running, Arbortext crashes.

Top Tags