cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Anyone using .asm files in Isodraw? Are you using Work Group Manager?

tmenadue
7-Bedrock

Anyone using .asm files in Isodraw? Are you using Work Group Manager?

We have installed Work Group Manager to integrate IsoDraw with PDMLink. I want to use .asm files, but I don't get that option when selecting from my workspace - only graphic types are listed. I could choose .pvz files, but I cannot guarantee that all the geometry is updated in the .pvz. How are others creating illustrations in IsoDraw from Creo data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you plan to use Work Group Manager with Creo Illustrate or IsoDraw, and you have Creo Parametric data in PDMLink, you use .pvz files. What a world of difference not having to wait on the heavy asm/drw files to regenerate!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

We convert the .asm file to jt then you can import it into IsoDraw.

Bryon

Interesting. I'll talk to our admin about that possibility. According to this https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS34712&art_lang=en&posno=1&q=open .asm in isodraw&source=search it looks like once you connect to Windchill, you lose the .asm functionality.

Trish

We use Solid edge for our assemblies then you can save a translated version out (JT or STEP or IGS). I would believe that if you use creo you might be able to bring in the asm files.

Bryon

If you plan to use Work Group Manager with Creo Illustrate or IsoDraw, and you have Creo Parametric data in PDMLink, you use .pvz files. What a world of difference not having to wait on the heavy asm/drw files to regenerate!

Top Tags