cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Arbortext 6.1 F000 ready for download!

ptoor
1-Newbie

Arbortext 6.1 F000 ready for download!

We are excited to announce the release of Arbortext 6.1, available now for immediate download on PTC.com. Requests for DVDs will be available next week.

This 6.1 F000 release has a number of enhancements and SPR fixes. As a reminder, with this being a new major release, a new license is required; however it will be backward compatible with Arbortext 6.0.https://www.ptc.com/appserver/lm/secure/ati/licenseLanding.jsp

https://www.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=157567

5 REPLIES 5

And with this, support for the adapter to IBM Document Manager (which we use extensively) ends.

Does anyone know if the current version of the adapter can be added back in to this version just to get it torun, regardless of if it's supported or not?

I'm not sure about that, but I also noticed every adapter except Documentum/WDK and Windchill is removed in Arbortext 6.1.

-Gareth

Yeah, they announced last year that they are dropping support for every adapter but those after 6.0. Really puts me in a difficult position.

In Reply to Gareth Oakes:

I'm not sure about that, but I also noticed every adapter except Documentum/WDK and Windchill is removed in Arbortext 6.1.

-Gareth

You could write your own / get one written ? 🙂 It might not be too hard to do a lightweight adapter, but you would lose out on the Object Browser and all that good stuff. The alternative is heavy duty RAOM coding, unless you can hack the old 6.0 adapter to work?

-Gareth

Not sure if the community has had a chance to download or investigate the new release. I took a few minutes last week to install it and poke around in the release notes.

You can take a look at some of the changes in *slightly* more detail here:
Top Tags