cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Arbortext Diagnostic Information Type explanation

BobSpangenburg
6-Contributor

Arbortext Diagnostic Information Type explanation

Hi,

I've found the explanation for a few Diagnostic Information Types within the manuals for Arbortext, such as 5.27, 10.25, 10.26 and 10.27. Through the years, I've come across the setting of 3.27. I've figured out that the last one give a ton of information on the code being processed. However, that's all I know. I have not been able to find a "list," if it exists, nor other options that may be available.

Is there any documentation out there that explains these debug codes? They're used with the "set debug=..." command.

Thank you,

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't remember ever seeing a list of these things. It seemed to be that sometimes the support team would find a new one by talking with the developers. I wonder if the support team could share a list of the known codes if they were asked?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I don't remember ever seeing a list of these things. It seemed to be that sometimes the support team would find a new one by talking with the developers. I wonder if the support team could share a list of the known codes if they were asked?

Thanks Gareth,

I've seen the 3.27, as well as found the others I listed in the documentation that comes with the software. However, I've not seen any others. I was hoping someone from the development area would see this. I guess I could put in a case.

So... question... if I set this on at a point in my code, can I turn it off at another point later in my code. Or... is it "once turned on, it's on?"

Thanks, 

Bob

I think you can turn debugging on and off using "set debug=" ACL command. I used to keep a file of all this stuff, here are some interesting excerpts from it, in case that helps you or anyone else.

Also this is interesting for debugging PE composition: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS147837

--- FOSI errors ---

set fosiwarnings = on
set formatwarnings = on
set gentextwarnings = 3

As system environment variable:
set APTPUBPDFDBGFLAGS=1.2,1.3,1.4,1.5,1.6,1.7,1.8
Or at Arbortext Styler command line:
set debug=1.2,1.3,1.5,1.8,=extwin (sends output to separate window)
Turn off debugging:
set debug=0

Meaning of debug switches:
1.2 Helps locate tfm files
1.3 Sets PDFlib warnings to true: will make all exceptions fatal to pubpdf
1.4 Call PSTILL with -v argument for verbose mode
1.5 Log arguments to PDF_load_font() call
1.6 Log information about images
1.7 Save intermediate image files
1.8 Turn on PDFlib's trace facility

--- atitrace.exe ---

ACL code can write to the atitrace window
set debug==extwin (two equals signs)
eval ... output=*debug

--- Debug ACL ---

Use Debug commands:
set debug=3.27;
set debug=3.27,=output.txt;

Note: 3.27 is very lengthy and detailed; should only be activated immediately before problem occurs.

Turn debug off:
set debug=0;

Use eval command:
eval 'hello world' output=*debug

--- JConsole Debugging ---

Create a [install_path]\custom\init\java.acl file and place this one line in it (all one line):

set javavmargs="-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=5555 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false"

Start up Editor
Start up jconsole
You will NOT see the Editor process in the Local Process list, but select the Remote Process radio button and enter the following in the field:

localhost:5555

Leave the Username and Password blank.
Select the Connect button.
Jconsole will connect to the Editor process which is listening on port 5555.

Thank you, Gareth! 

Top Tags