cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Arbortext styler page numbers(pdf)

Dave5288
1-Newbie

Arbortext styler page numbers(pdf)

I am using arbortext styler to create pdfs. I am having a problem with controlling the page numbers. The first fews page sets have normal numbering (1,2,3...ect.), but then the format switches to 1001,1002...ect. When I switch the start at value for the page number to 1001 in this section, the entire document starts at that number, which is not what I want. Does anyone have any advice on how to control the page numbering throughout the document?

-Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:Dave5288)

Hi David,

It's hard to understand what's going on in your stylesheet and, consequently, what the answer should be. Here are some things to check:

1. check the pagenumbering format setting for each pagesets that takes effect throughout the book
  2. make sure you know where each pageset takes effect and check to see if the numbering is set to start at "initial" or "continue"

This should get you started diagnosing the issue.

Liz

TrevorN
5-Regular Member
(To:Dave5288)

Did you ever figure out how to fix your problem?

I have the same issue with my stylesheet. The first few pageblocks in my document need to start page numbers at 1. The remaining page blocks have numbering schemes that start at 1000, 3000, 4000, etc. I can't figure out how to get the page numbering to work. I set conditions to set the correct page sets at the different page block elements, and set the page number to start according to a pgblknbr attribute (1000, 3000, etc.). The page numbering for the entire document will use the attribute number from the last condition.

Top Tags