cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Bulk XML Conversion of Windchill Stored Files

stephen_cuzner
1-Newbie

Bulk XML Conversion of Windchill Stored Files

i need to make changes to our DTD and all the instance files that use the DTD for our product documents that Are stored in Windchill. Does anyone know of a way to loop through the documents in a library and run a transform, either XSLT or ACL, then check in the resulting document as a new revision? I'd rather not manually checkout/edit each file just to apply a script.

2 REPLIES 2

This would require some custom code, either in Editor or better option in Windchill (using Info*Engine or Java) that would find the DynamicDocument objects that need updating, check them out to a workspace, get the file content and pass that to the transform process, then upload the updated file and check the DD object back in. Sounds easy, but you must be very careful when dealing with DD objects.

Mike

Just an anecdote to this discussion.

We have found the Arbortext Adapter to Windchill quite poor at dealing with thousands of requests to Windchill (via Java AOM API) so be careful if you have a large content repository. I would seriously consider using the Windchill Info*Engine to do the work as it is way more robust at dealing with large volumes of content. It is however a bit more clunky to use.

-Gareth
Top Tags