cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Can I use a system variables to specify an XSL in a datamerge DMF file?

rarmstrong
1-Newbie

Can I use a system variables to specify an XSL in a datamerge DMF file?

Hi Folks,

I have a datamerge setup that requires an XSL to structure the result set. Currently the path must be hard coded to something like C:/DataMerge/Transform.xsl for it to work. I would like to keep the XSL file within the custom folder structure in Arbortext - so is ther a way to use a system variable instead? Does anyone know of some tricks?

<TransformerRef name="t1" nameref="XSLTransformer">

<ResourceEventListenerRef name="logger" nameref="DefaultResourceEventListener">
</ResourceEventListenerRef>

<ParameterRef name="p_stylesheet" nameref="stylesheet">

<Value>C:/DataMerge/Tranform.xsl</Value> <<-- Currently the only way to make this work
<Value>%ARBORTEXT_HOME%/custom/datamerge/Tranform.xsl</Value> <<-- Ideally we would like this to work

</ParameterRef>

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alessio
15-Moonstone
(To:rarmstrong)

No, it is not possible

The XSLT path must be absolute, or relative to the working directory of Arbortext Editor at the time it started up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Alessio
15-Moonstone
(To:rarmstrong)

No, it is not possible

The XSLT path must be absolute, or relative to the working directory of Arbortext Editor at the time it started up.

Thanks, That is what I was afraid of. When we tried the relative location, the relative directory was in the C:\Users\All Users area which is not too helpful either.

Ideally we would be able to point to the install location.

Anyway, you have answered the question which I appreciate.

Thanks,

Rob.

Top Tags