cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Color Gradient and Importing svg file layers in IsoDraw

SureshPerinjery
8-Gravel

Color Gradient and Importing svg file layers in IsoDraw

Would you help me with these customer questions on Arbortext IsoDraw

• Can we apply color gradient in Arbortext IsoDraw?
  • Can we get layers when we open a .svg file in Arbortext IsoDraw?
  • Also need to recheck if we save as .svg and if we open in IsoDraw whether we can see the layers?
4 REPLIES 4

Suresh,

• Can we apply color gradient in Arbortext IsoDraw?    There is no option to apply GradienT in isodraw.
  • Can we get layers when we open a .svg file in Arbortext IsoDraw?    Yes, able to import the layers.
  • Also need to recheck if we save as .svg and if we open in IsoDraw whether we can see the layers? Yes, able to see, what you have previously.

In regards to gradients, no, IsoDraw does not support it. This is, from my understanding, from the supported exports such as CGM which do not support this. A workaround would be to do multiple layers. Ugly, but possible.

In regards to SVG I'm not sure. Might depend on the type of SVG. Do you have an example SVG that the forum could check? I think you can actually change your saves so that they are SVG versus idr so I'd assume but haven't had a need.

Or, are you simply separating text/art. If that were the case, and you couldn't get your SVG to import layered you could easily separate.

Attaching a sample svg file

If you open in IE you can see the output expected

Ok. Took a look at this file. I see you're exporting from CorelDraw. In IE I see what you mean and that you use a gradients basically on everything.

Positive or negative, depending on your perspective, it does come through in IsoDraw. No layers are captured, but the gradients drop off cleanly. We had issues when coming from Illustrator 10 in which gradients had to be removed prior to import.

Some notes though.

1) When you open the file in IsoDraw, it looks like it doesn't work. It did, but it applied a no fill pen. Select all and apply a different pen. Everything appears.

2) I see you have some 'junk' below the visible art. That does come through. It is on the same layer.

If you want to simply move the text to a separate layer from your art (not sure what else you might want in this case other than the hidden art).

3) The bounding box in the original file does come through but the frame does not auto-size.

Advice: Depending on quantity, it might pay pretty well to write a macro that takes a file when open, applies a pen to the art, separates the text to a separate layer, resizes the frame based on the import, and perhaps redraw your bounding box. Again, it might take some effort but if you're going to be doing this to a lot of file it'd really help. I did something similar when we moved from Ilustrator.

Note that Illustrator CC also doesn't recognize the layering.

Top Tags