cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo Illustrate - Numbering issue

tmenadue
7-Bedrock

Creo Illustrate - Numbering issue

I've noticed that Creo Illustrate does not consistently group parts in the Item List. Is anyone else having this happen? We are on Creo 3.1 M010 build 27.

I am adding annotation callouts manually. In one list, Items 1, 2, 5, and 16 are grouped as they should. But when I get down to 30, it should be 19. The Item Tag is the same for both.

Here's my ribbon selection:

Here's what it's giving me (see that #16 is grouped, but the two highlighted ones are not:

1 REPLY 1
TW_10140846
5-Regular Member
(To:tmenadue)

Creo Illustrate is good for making an ilustrations not for parts list. It is basicaly a disaster. I have a similar problem. I can't do a proper parts list because Manual option do not include assemblies- wich I need to show in the table and not on the drawing (figure). Automatic option is soo limited becase it force you to pick an assembly or entire structure. What if you have few assembies without any top level?  Now someone can say.. ok so you can edit your structure. Yes, but next what? This will impact all my previous figures - another disaster. Ok, so let say I'am choosing Automatic option. Fist, i was forced to pick Entire structre. So now its time for numbering. What i see? I see messsssssssssssssss. Because numbering based on entire structure and numbering isn't in right order. Ok, so someone can say now. You can do renumbering. Ok, lets try this. I have done renumbergin and the what I see? My structure in the table is gone. Why? Because as i mendtioned I need to show assemblies and parts inside them. But what if you don't remember all parts inside the assembly or accidentally pick something else? You loose your hierarchy and may be that some washers or etc is at the bottom at the table or somwhere else because you didn't click on it and the previous order is gone. So at the end you have nice looking illustration without a proper hierarchy. Ok. So what can you do? Nothnig. Only hope will be in edti structure but it will be also have affect on you previus figures - which is so stupid. What can you do when you want to make changes in your previus figures and you done already "combine". Disaster. Ok. You can attach to the file the same source fille and base on that you have 2 seperate structures. But is it realy should looks like this? File can be so havy becasue of this. I just want to mention that in Creo Parametric was something called dash item and this function should be implemented.

Top Tags