cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Defining enumeration attributes for DITA topics - error on checking in.

DG_9924912
5-Regular Member

Defining enumeration attributes for DITA topics - error on checking in.

I defined my ditabase bursting as follows:

<dmsmetadata>
<metadatarule sourcetype="text" elementname="concept" expr="prolog/metadata/category" metadata="com.terrestrialenergy.DITAcategory"/>
<metadatarule sourcetype="text" elementname="topic" expr="prolog/metadata/category" metadata="com.terrestrialenergy.DITAcategory"/>
<metadatarule sourcetype="text" elementname="reference" expr="prolog/metadata/category" metadata="com.terrestrialenergy.DITAcategory"/>
<metadatarule sourcetype="text" elementname="task" expr="prolog/metadata/category" metadata="com.terrestrialenergy.DITAcategory"/>

On the site utilities/Type and Attribute Management,

1. I defined my DITAtopic as an EPM document subtype.
  2. I added the attribute DITAcategory to the DITAtopic subtype..
  3. I added the constraint of my DITA topic enumeration to the DITAcategory attribute.
  4. I made sure all my DITA topics had the correct category='REG".  

<prolog><metadata><category>REG</category></metadata></prolog>​

• When I tried to load my bookmap, none of the child topics were loaded.

The error message:

Checkin Failed
Number of conflicts found:3
:Attribute com.terrestrialenergy.DITAcategory has values that violate the attribute constraints. "You must enter a value for DITA Document Category.". The values must be modified before checking in.
:Attribute com.terrestrialenergy.DITAcategory has values that violate the attribute constraints. "The value for attribute DITA Document Category must be one of the following: REG. The pre-existing value may no longer be valid for this attribute.". The values must be modified before checking in.
:Attribute com.terrestrialenergy.DITAcategory has values that violate the attribute constraints. "You must enter a value for DITA Document Category.". The values must be modified before checking in.

2 REPLIES 2

Article - "CAD document upload fails with error " Attribute <Parameter> has values that violate the attribute constraints. You must enter a value for <Parameter>" in Creo Parametric": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS362123 

DG_9924912
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

This is not a CAD.  DITA files are XML documents that are loaded in Windchill with the Arbortext Editor.

The constrained parameter is in the <prolog> section of the topics that are being loaded.

As I understand it, the BCF defines the mapping for these attributes to the Windchill EPM document attributes.

In this case, DITAtopic is a subtype of the EPM document.

Announcements

Top Tags