cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

FOSI not working with specific namespaces

ptc-5157108
1-Newbie

FOSI not working with specific namespaces

Hi.....we are not able to see generated text for elements with a particular namespace....when we do Format -> Modify Element In Context.. we are not able to see element's FOSI for those elements belonging to particular namespace....however it works fine for other elements.

Any idea what could be going wrong.....we have xsd associated with the document...and the same namespace is that of root element as well.

Regards,

Pawan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Suzanne for your inputs.

We solved this problem by not mentioning the namespace prefix in the FOSI for those elements for which we were not able to see the generated text. Even though those xml elements have got prefix in the actual xml document. Seems to work for now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Pawan,

The Output Specification (basis for FOSI) was written in an era where namespaces did not exist. FOSIs simply do not understand namespaces. You can use a FOSI with a schema but don't expect it to understand namespaces.

Regards,

Jerry Tippie

FOSI works with namespaces. I have attached the section on Arbortext namespaces related to formatting from my not-yet-published book Practical FOSI, which has examples of FOSI formatting for namespace elements, including generated text. I have coded e-i-cs for other, non-Arbortext, namespace elements, but I do not have an example handy.

It is true that you cannot start a FOSI style panel from the Edit windowl for a namespace element. You have to find the e-i-c in the FOSI tagged editor. Then you can click after the e-i-c start or end tag and enter fed_panel() at the command line, which starts a style panel for the e-i-c.

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for providing this additional information for using namespaces. You have clearly been working at this and testing it. Thanks for making the information available here.

I'm sure your book will be a valuable resource for FOSI writers when it becomes available.

Regards,

Jerry Tippie

I need technical reviewers for the book. I have attached the TOC in case anyone wants to volunteer to review a chapter or section. Thanks in advance!

Thanks Suzanne for your inputs.

We solved this problem by not mentioning the namespace prefix in the FOSI for those elements for which we were not able to see the generated text. Even though those xml elements have got prefix in the actual xml document. Seems to work for now.

Top Tags