cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Graphic Entity can not be resolved when using Save Application

Garvels
5-Regular Member

Graphic Entity can not be resolved when using Save Application

I am attempting to publish an xml document and all its dependencies, and am using the Tools -> Save Application function. However, I am getting an issue where all of the referenced graphics are saved under /portable_doc/portable_doc_files/ with completely different names. Then, in the log file it states that the "Graphic entity can not be resolved." Is there any way to prevent these references from being lost or these files from being renamed?

5 REPLIES 5

I am confused, Why are you using the save application function again. If you want to publish you can open the document in the editor and publish from the editor using  Publish command to PDF or whatever selection you need. the save Application is use dot save a document and its pulsing environment for troubleshooting. at least that is what the documentation states. I have never used it myself. Let me know more about what you are doing and maybe I or someone else on this community can help you.

Garvels
5-Regular Member
(To:RayStachowiak)

I need to be able to save the document as xml, while also saving all of its file entities as xml as well, as well as maintaining image references. If you know of another way to do this, I'd be eager to hear it. So far, Save Application has been the only way to save each of the file entities as well in one command. 

Also, I'd like to specify that I am saving locally a document that is in Windchill.

Are you using TIA or SMA application? We noticed that when we switched from SMA to TIA that the appsave changes the names of the image files. The only way around it for us was that our Simonsoft CMS displays a list of images used in the document. We could use that list with a custom program to extract the original image numbers from their save location.

Bryon

Garvels
5-Regular Member
(To:bfriesen)

Hi Bryon,

I'm using Arbortext Editor 7.0, so I am using TIA. Is there no other way around preventing appsave from changing the graphics file names?

Not that I am aware. PTC support said I could put in an enhancement request to get this changed.

Bryon

Top Tags