cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Has anyone seen this error?

Tusken_Raider
5-Regular Member

Has anyone seen this error?

I trying to upload a newly created Arbortext document to Windchill and I'm getting the error "AutoNumber Action Failed Number of conflicts
found:1 :Incorrect or nonexistent Type category "WCTYPE|wt.epm.EPMDocument|@softtypeprefix@.DynamicDocument|@softtypeprefix@.commonsection"

using the function "

but others using the same system are not. I'm quite new to Arbortext so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

It looks like the commonsection identifier is causing the problem. Based on the error message this might be an issue in the bursting configuration (.bcf file). You would need to go back to whoever setup your doctypes and get them to look into it. If this happens "out of the box" e.g. with built-in DITA then you should file a PTC support ticket instead.

I'd also add that since you're mentioning that other users don't experience the issue, I'd also try to upload this new document as a different user to find out if the issue is document-specific or user-specific.

Windchill-related stuff like different configs / rules applied for different Windchill contexts (Products / Libraries) could also interfere, so when pinpointing the cause I'd make sure to test in the same Product / Library where documents for others can be correctly uploaded.

If other users also experience the issue when uploading your document, try to upload a small and simple document, and if it works, just keep adding more sections to find out which particular one causes the issue.

Top Tags