cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Header Help

akamaruzzaman
1-Newbie

Header Help

How do I control my headers? I want to apply certain headers on different pages instead of on every page.

2 REPLIES 2

You don't mention what software you are using, but the general paradigm is that the header/footer definitions are attached to a "master page" style (aka page set). The master page also defines the width/height of the page and the number of columns and dimensions of the main text area.

Sometimes you need to have headers or footers contain variable content (such as page numbers or running header text). In that case the content of your header/footer must use some variable content "gentext" commands to generate the relevant content. For example a running header can find the first or last heading on each page and display it.

Anisah,

Did you get an answer that resolves your issue?

If so, could indicate in the discussion, so that community members know that the issue was resolved and how?

If not, then could you further clarify your issue by giving more detail about the problem?

Top Tags