cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How Do I Create Context-Sensitive Help Using Arbortext Editor and Styler?

KatieKelly
1-Newbie

How Do I Create Context-Sensitive Help Using Arbortext Editor and Styler?

Prior to converting all of our xml files to Arbortext's default dita, stylesheets, schemas, dtds, etc., when compiling a .chm file from .xml, a txt file with all the ids was parsed into the compilation. A section of said .txt file might look like this:

#define idh_t_test_column_picker 1427

Now we're using dita, and creating a .chm file has never been easier; however, I'm stuck when it comes to creating context sensitive Help. I've found a resourceid element, and thought maybe the number could go there. I'm seeing instead, in the resolved document, that the resourceid converts to a file name much, much longer. I don't know if that relates. But ultimately, the Help button on a given dialogue box gives me the error message "HH_HELP_CONTEXT called without a [MAP] section."

I'm looking for a series of steps to get me on track. I've scoured the Internet and I've come up so far empty handed. What I'd really like is a series of steps to walk me through this, but any help would be appreciated. Even if you know of a book, anything. Thanks much!

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags