cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How best to get markup from Non-Arbortext users?

smaclean
4-Participant

How best to get markup from Non-Arbortext users?

We are still very new with Arbortext and converting for a bad MS Word culture. We have coverted a document fully into Arbortext and now an SME want a word copy so he can do Russian translation. We don't want to do that and are wondering what to give him to markup with the least amount of learning curve for him without us need to reconvert something on return. We are way to early for SIM. Does anyone have ideas or can you share what you do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Give him a copy of your xml file with the xml:lang attribute set to Russian and a copy of Arbortext. At that point the only other thing you have to do is give him any generated text fragments from the Stylesheet to translate. Arbortext Styler will support switching any generated text based on the xml:lang attribute.

Side Note: I don’t accept that Arbortext Editor is “too hard” for casual users. If they do not need any of the power, in Editor properties, set liteui=on it’s much less scary.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Give him a copy of your xml file with the xml:lang attribute set to Russian and a copy of Arbortext. At that point the only other thing you have to do is give him any generated text fragments from the Stylesheet to translate. Arbortext Styler will support switching any generated text based on the xml:lang attribute.

Side Note: I don’t accept that Arbortext Editor is “too hard” for casual users. If they do not need any of the power, in Editor properties, set liteui=on it’s much less scary.

I think the best bet is to have the translator work in Arbortext, perhaps you can deploy it to him via VPN and RDP? Otherwise there is an Arbortext tool called Import/Export that can export to Word and import from Word. However this takes some work to set up ...

Stewart could you indicate if either of the responses was a correct answer by selecting "Correct Answer" or if you need further assistance?

This will help community members find answers quickly.

Top Tags