cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How do I make section titles run-in/inline in axdocbook?

ptc-5142800
1-Newbie

How do I make section titles run-in/inline in axdocbook?

I am attempting to customize the stylesheet for axdocbook for delivering a MIL-STD technical bulletin.

The sect1-sect 5 titles need to appear as follows:

1.1 Section Title. First para element's content.

In Styler, no matter what modifications I made to the para or title elements, the para will not render on the same line as the title. Even as an inline structure type.

Does anyone have an suggestions for what I can try to make these section titles run-in or inline in Styler being output to pdf?

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Christina,

Does your stylesheet use FOSI composition or APP composition? If it uses FOSI composition, you can code sect1-sect5 titles to be run-in. Look on the Breaks tab. It's only available for FOSI composition.

Regards,

Jerry Tippie

Thanks Jerry! I'm in FOSI. On the Breaks tab, I have tried changing the Structure Type value to inline. However, this does nothing. Is there another control besides this droplist?

Which version of Arbortext are you on? I'm running 6.0 M100 and in the "Breaks" tab, in the upper-right corner is a FOSI-only box. It has one setting which is Run-in = on or off. That is the setting you need to use.

I know it sounds strange but leave the title as a Block and not Inline. Mark it as Run-in=on as Gareth states. If this is FOSI composition, the code knows what to do and you get a run-in title in PDF.

Regards,

Jerry Tippie

It worked! Thank you both!

Top Tags