cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to add pdf files on publish?

sfahlesson
1-Newbie

How to add pdf files on publish?

Is there a method to add multiple page pdf files to the finished pdf document via Arbortext or the PE? No need to add page numbers/headers/etc. I just need to merge in raw pdf files to the end of the published document. I found several old posts pointing to the use of itext, but that is an external library that has been modified throughout the years and is no longer the same program it was before and I'd really rather accomplish this from within Arbortext itself.

4 REPLIES 4
byork
17-Peridot
(To:sfahlesson)

Will the PDF always be the same that you want to append?

No. We'll have many pdfs, of multiple pages, that will vary with each document. We will not know how many pdfs, or how many pages they are. We can't even guarantee what format (A3, A4, A5, letter, etc). A customer will be adding them to a web portal that we'll then be pulling them from and adding them in.

byork
17-Peridot
(To:sfahlesson)

We have a customization in place to handle things like that.  We add the extra PDFs in as an attachment in PDMLink and then on check in and successful publish the pdfs are appended to the PDF created by PE.  We used Fishbowl Solutions for that customization.

If you are using the APP composition engine, it is capable of placing PDF as images. If you purely want a PDF merge tool then a quick Google will offer up a range of alternatives.

Top Tags