cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to automatically modify English conrefs to use translated conrefs

EmilMeindl
1-Newbie

How to automatically modify English conrefs to use translated conrefs

I’m using Arbortext 6.0 and using Windchill 10.0 to automatically create translations with the translations process, which comes with the Service Information Manager component.

I have a topic (Topic 1) that contains multiple conrefs to a source topic (Topic 2). Topic 2 is translated into multiple languages. I will not need to send Topic 1 with content references for translation, since all of the text in the Topic 2 has been translated. How do I get the content references to automatically reference the translated topic instead of the English, when I get the rest of the translated files back from the translation vendor?

It seems that the only way to have the translated text is to manually update all of the content references to reference the translated file in Windchill instead of the English. See examples below.

Conref examples in Topic 1 that reference text from the English and French source topic (Topic 2)

English Example: x-wc://file=0000005419.xml#Warnings-13549F07/TheFollowingWarningsAreForTheSetupU-FA8B028B

French Example: x-wc://file=0000006123.xml#Warnings-13549F07/TheFollowingWarningsAreForTheSetupU-FA8B028B

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

Hi Emil,

Supporting conrefs for translation is on our future list of enhancements for the Translation feature in Service Information Manager. I'd be intersted to hear from other customers how often they use conrefs and run into this translation use case.

I don't know if xincludes are an option for you, but using those instead of conrefs will take care of the current translation gap you are running into.

~ Pushpinder

Top Tags