cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to expand selected elements in Document map

amariani
1-Newbie

How to expand selected elements in Document map

Hello,

when I go from Edit view to Map document display, all elements are shown as expanded. I’d like Arbortext to expand only selected elements. It’s possible to tell Arbortext which elements expand by using Architect and by modifying the *.dcf file, but I don’t have access to Architect. Do you know how to modify the *.dcf file without Architect? Could you please tell me which *.dcf file modify and how to modify it?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

There is not an attribute setting in the .dcf file that designates whether an element is displayed expanded or collapsed. One can use the "detail" command to collapse or expand elements.

Are you aware of the Control+Shift+1, Control+Shift+2,..., Control+Shift+0 functionality?

Highlight an element, select Control+Shift+1 and all the children of the highlighted element are collapsed.

Highlight an element, select Control+Shift+2 and all the grand-children of the highlighted element are collapsed.

etc.

See Arbortext Editor's Help Center topics "Collapse/Expand Divisions Dialog Box", "detail", and "dlgitem_collapse".

Thank you very much. I didn't know about the Control+Shift+1 functionality. It suits me very well. I'll read the Arbortext Editor's Help Center topics you indicated me as well.

Top Tags