cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

How to hide Table Markup?

jstern
1-Newbie

How to hide Table Markup?

One of my colleagues has a problem where she is seeing table markup whether View > Tables > Table Markup is selected or not. She's tried restarting Arbortext Editor 6.0 and checking the topic in and checking it out again, but there's no change. Have you seen this before? Any idea how to fix it?

2 REPLIES 2
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:jstern)

When your colleague tries to make the change, be sure to look at the bottom left corner of the Editor window for any error messages.

One reason I can think of this would be if the Editor is unable to access the location that the preferences file is located. If it's read-only, or the user or application doesn't have sufficient privileges, then ideally you would see this mentioned down there. If you're not sure of the location of the Preferences file, you can find it in the "Help -> Session" dialog box.

The only other thing I can think of would be a custom script that is setting preferences. Usually that only happens at startup, but I can imagine someone writing a listener to check when preferences are modified, and change them back.

Table tags are displayed when the table markup is out of context. Click on the Check Completeness icon in the Markup toolbar to find any context errors.

Top Tags