cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to know resoved markup

sureshmaddela
1-Newbie

How to know resoved markup

Hi,



I have a input sample with DML Authoring markup(eg.atidlm:link ) in it.

When I gone through "Chapter: Managing links with the Dynamic Link Manager of Arbortext Customizer's quide". I found that,

Following are steps performed when a document (with DLM markup/links) is published from Arbortext Editor:

1)Input sample document sent to the content pipeline

2)Link resolver phase of the content pipeline retrieves data form the DLM server, generating the final markup for publishing.

3)The markup is augmented with any inserted content transformed using resolution stylesheets.

4) Final stylesheet is applied on the resolved markup produced from step 3 to get target output.



The resolution.xsl or resolution stylesheet is used to resolve the DLM specific markup to DTD specific link markup like and elements.



My Question:

How do I get to know resolved markup sample or richer markup sample containing DTD specific elements just before final stylesheet is applied for target output? Or in otherwords,

How do I get to know the ouput xml of resolution.xsl stylesheet?



All inputs are really appreciated.


Thanks and Regards,
Suresh
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,
You should have access to two XSL stylesheets (reveal_markup.xsl and
reveal_markup_xml.xsl). The former will output your post-pipeline XML to
PDF. The latter will output your post-pipeline XML to XML.

I prefer the XML myself, but it's a matter of taste.

I will post some stylesheet fragments shortly that may be helpful.

Are you doing Styler or FOSI?

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:36 PM, Venkata Suresh Maddela <
-> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a input sample with DML Authoring markup(eg.atidlm:link ) in it.
> When I gone through "Chapter: Managing links with the Dynamic Link Manager
> of Arbortext Customizer's quide". I found that,
> Following are steps performed when a document (with DLM markup/links) is
> published from Arbortext Editor:
> 1)Input sample document sent to the content pipeline
> 2)Link resolver phase of the content pipeline retrieves data form the DLM
> server, generating the final markup for publishing.
> 3)The markup is augmented with any inserted content transformed using
> resolution stylesheets.
> 4) Final stylesheet is applied on the resolved markup produced from step 3
> to get target output.
>
> The resolution.xsl or resolution stylesheet is used to resolve the DLM
> specific markup to DTD specific link markup like and elements.
>
> My Question:
> How do I get to know resolved markup sample or richer markup sample
> containing DTD specific elements just before final stylesheet is applied for
> target output? Or in otherwords,
> How do I get to know the ouput xml of resolution.xsl stylesheet?
>
> All inputs are really appreciated.
> Thanks and Regards, Suresh
>

> I will post some stylesheet fragments shortly that may be helpful.


I have included a link_resolution.xsl, FOSI e-i-c, DTD entries, and
server-side.dlmcf that resolve our DLM markup. The <loc> element must be
defined in the .DCF as <link element="loc" idref="ID" primary="yes"&lt;br"/>uri="href"/> near or at the end of <specials>. The DCF also includes
<dcamanager config="yourdlmcfname.dlmcf"/"> just before the close of the
</documenttypeconfiguuration> element.

Below all that, I have also included the post-pipeline XSL stylesheets.
These should come with PE but I forget where they are normally stored ...

These all work together in our 5.3 m110 environment.

Hi Paul Nagai,

Thanks for your response, and I truly appreciate it.
I am using FOSI stylesheets.

We already have intref and extref as link elements in DTD. If my understanding after your above explanation is correct, then I would not need to define loc element into DTD and its corresponding configarion in DCF/resolution.xsl/dlmcf files.

But I am wondering, How would I have to get to see the output of resolved xml using reveal_markup_xml.xsl?
Is it by using compose -> Using xsl option or is it something else? In otherwise, how would the composer pipeline would know that it would have to invoke reveal_markup_xml.xsl instead of sending the resolved markup to final FOSI stylesheet for PDF composition?





Please correct me if I misunderstood anything.


Suresh

No, you don't have to use <loc> that's just what we used. As long as your
elements are defined in the DTD you should be OK. I don't remember why they
have to be in the DCF and what problem/s crop up if it / they are not. (We
only have one so our configurations are not a "perfect" match.) Nor do I
know whether you can define multiple links in the DCF.

Yes, to see the post-pipeline XML, choose File > Compose > Using XSL ...
after ensuring that the XSL stylesheets are in the PE doctype directory AND
that the processes have been reloaded (or Tomcat restarted) once the
stylesheets were placed in the PE doctype directory (although if they were
there by default, restarting isn't required).

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Venkata Suresh Maddela <
-> wrote:

> Hi Paul Nagai,
>
> Thanks for your response, and I truly appreciate it.
> I am using FOSI stylesheets.
>
> We already have intref and extref as link elements in DTD. If my understanding after your above explanation is correct, then I would not need to define loc element into DTD and its corresponding configarion in DCF/resolution.xsl/dlmcf files.
>
> But I am wondering, How would I have to get to see the output of resolved xml using reveal_markup_xml.xsl?
> Is it by using compose -> Using xsl option or is it something else? In otherwise, how would the composer pipeline would know that it would have to invoke reveal_markup_xml.xsl instead of sending the resolved markup to final FOSI stylesheet for PDF composition?
>
>
>
>
> Please correct me if I misunderstood anything.
> Suresh
>

Hi Paul Nagai,



Thanks for your response and I really appreciate for looking into it.

I am able to get the resolved xml on the server side now.





Suresh

Excellent! Glad to have been able to help.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Venkata Suresh Maddela <
-> wrote:

> Hi Paul Nagai,
>
> Thanks for your response and I really appreciate for looking into it.
> I am able to get the resolved xml on the server side now.
>
>
> Suresh
Top Tags