cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

ISO Draw 7.1 license issue

ptc-4374686
1-Newbie

ISO Draw 7.1 license issue

We have one copy of IsoDraw 7.1 and FlexLM installed on a server providing a floating license. The one IsoDraw user recently got a new computer. Now when we point the "PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE" variable to the server, we get the message "License Request Failed for Feature ISODRAW". I checked communications between the server and the PC and found no issues. I was able to use a diagnostic program to successfully talk on port 7788 between the client and the server. All firewalls and antivirus were opened up. The FlexLM log files show that 1 license is available, but don't log any attempts to connect or use the license. Any suggestions?

Only one thing I can think of. On the user's previous system, he might have had IsoDraw 7.0. Would a license that supports 7 also support 7.1?

6 REPLIES 6

Christian,

I suggest to check your license file. It has to contain the following line:

INCREMENT ISODRAW ptc_d 7.1 .......

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Christian Brown wrote:

...Only one thing I can think of. On the user's previous system, he might have had IsoDraw 7.0. Would a license that supports 7 also support 7.1?

Why you haven't installed in the beginning version 7.0 and haven't tested it on the new computer?

Problem solved. The user was using IsoDraw 7.1 and the license was for 7.0. We incremented the license and it works now. Thanks for the replies.

timos
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4374686)

Hey,

how you incremented the License?

Greetings Timos

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:timos)

bfriesen
16-Pearl
(To:timos)

If you have a current support subscription you need to go to the manage licenses page on the ptc site and rev it up to the newest version.

Bryon

Top Tags