cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Insert table by ACL code

aneder
6-Contributor

Insert table by ACL code

Hi,

I met simple task, but I cannot solve. How to insert table, but without table dialog?

ACL code "it table" invokes table dialog for defining number ofrows and columns.

I know number of rows and columns and I need to insert table by ACL code automatically (and fill by data later).

Does anybody fought with table?

Alexander Neder

2 REPLIES 2
ebenton
1-Newbie
(To:aneder)

Arbortext 6.0 Help shows this:

tbl_insert
id = tbl_insert(tmid, oid, pos, rows, cols, [tagname])
This function inserts a new table, specified by table model tmid, with rows rows and cols
columns, into the document at the point indicated by oid and pos. If tmid is zero (0), then
the primary table model for the document type will be used.
tagname is only used by document types that use wrappers. Some document types allow
several different tags to serve as the wrapper tag surrounding a table. tagname is used to
specify a wrapper tag; if tagname is omitted, the outer wrapper tag is chosen at random.

For custom tables, the cols value is ignored.
Note
If you have applied an alias map to the document, tagname can be an alias, as well as a
real name.
Note
If the document type definition for your document instance includes the NAMECASE
GENERAL NO setting, then the tagname parameter will be case-sensitive.
It returns the ID of the newly-inserted table set if successful, h::tblNullToid otherwise.
The tbl_insert function will not do a pending delete regardless of the setting of set
pendingdelete.

aneder
6-Contributor
(To:aneder)

Hello Ed,

it does work!

thank you!

Alexander
Top Tags