cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Is it possible to use variable names in path for set javavmpath?

mramshaw
1-Newbie

Is it possible to use variable names in path for set javavmpath?

We are transitioning to Java 7 but are sticking with Arbortext 5.4 for a while which uses Java 6 internally. I can get our Java 7 compiled classes to work with Arbortext OK if I stick the following line

set javavmpath="C:\jdk1.7.0_55\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll"

as the first line in my acl scripts. I would like to not be stuck with a specific Java version and would like to use the user's JAVA_HOME environment variable as the first half of that line but I cannot get Arbortext to accept any variable in the set javavmpath line whatsoever. The only way it works is by sticking the full and complete path in that line. Does anyone know of a way to use variables in the pathname with this statement or is it impossible?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Mike-

You might try something like this (I haven't tested it myself, but I *think* it should work...):

$setjvm = 'set javavmpath=" . $ENV["JAVA_HOME"] . '\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll";
execute($setjvm);

--Clay

Thanks for the quick reply! That worked perfectly, I will have to remember that execute trick if I run into something similar. Thanks again!

You're welcome, glad it worked for you.

--C
Top Tags