cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Is there a way to add exception rules for hyphenation for the APP engine?

tnguyen-10-11-1
1-Newbie

Is there a way to add exception rules for hyphenation for the APP engine?

Hi all,

I am current published German documents using APP. I have a problem with hyphenate for "klicken" word. It is hyphenated as "klik-ken", which is not correct. I'm not sure if there are any other wrong cases. So I would like to make an exception for it. However, using .exc file doesn't work for APP. Does anyone know how to add Hyphenate exception rule for APP engine?

Die for any clue!

Thao

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you using the bulit-in German/German_long/German_reformed or the add-on Dieckmann hyphenator? For typesetting of German language, most publishers seem to prefer the Dieckmann hyphenator. If you are using the add-on Dieckmann hyphenator, I'm not sure if it uses the same exception dictionary method, but the standard way is to load an exception dictionary into an APP .ex stream, then activate the exception dictionary using <?thye>.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Are you using the bulit-in German/German_long/German_reformed or the add-on Dieckmann hyphenator? For typesetting of German language, most publishers seem to prefer the Dieckmann hyphenator. If you are using the add-on Dieckmann hyphenator, I'm not sure if it uses the same exception dictionary method, but the standard way is to load an exception dictionary into an APP .ex stream, then activate the exception dictionary using <?thye>.

Thanks Gareth!

It turned out that the type of German language is the problem, changed it to de-1996 solved the issue. You are right there!

I'm very new to Arbortext as well as APP. So I don't know what is Dieckmann hyphenator is, but it's very useful for the future.

Top Tags