cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Is there any option to define multiple element in one element context<e-i-c> in FOSI stylesheet?

rnavath
1-Newbie

Is there any option to define multiple element in one element context<e-i-c> in FOSI stylesheet?

Hi,

I want to apply font color for more than 50 elements in one element context(dt--definition term). Below is the coding for making individual element font color.

<e-i-c gi="ph" occur="all">

<charlist inherit="1">

<indent inherit="0"/></charlist>

<att>

<specval attname="ishcondition" attloc="ph" attval="#ANY"/>

<specval attname="EDITOR-ONLY" attloc="system-var" attval="#ANY"/>

<charsubset>

<indent inherit="0"/>

<highlt fontclr="#663399"/></charsubset>

</att>

</e-i-c>

Similar way i want to apply all element inside <dt> element. instead of applying individual element is there any option for defining all in one <e-i-c>

Thanks

Roopesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Roopesh,

In the following example, I have named the text entity highlight. The entity declaration in the FOSI would look like this in an ASCII editor:

<!ENTITY highlight '<att>

<specval attname="ishcondition" attval="#ANY"/>

<charsubset>

<indent inherit="0"/>

<highlt fontclr="#663399"/>

</charsubset>

</att>'>

The e-i-c for each element in <dt> would look like this in an ASCII editor:

<e-i-c gi="ph" occur="dt">

<charlist inherit="1">

<indent inherit="0"/>

</charlist>

&highlight;

</e-i-c>

Good luck!

Suzanne

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Roopesh,

When duplicate attribute rules are needed, you can create a text entity and reference it in any e-i-c.

Note that in this case, you should not specify attval in the first specval so the ishcondition attribute is looked for on the current element, which will not always be <ph>.

In the FOSI tagged editor, highlight the <att> and select Entities>Create Text Entity from Selection:

<att>

<charsubset>

<indent inherit="0"/>

</charsubset>

</att>

When the text entity has been created, you can reference it the e-i-cs for all the elements in <dt>.  If you ever want to change the color, you only have to change the text entity.

The Entities>Text... dialog makes it easy to work with text entities. Note that it counts and finds every reference to any text entity.

I have attached a few pages from my forthcoming book, Practical FOSI, with an example of a text entity used for security classification. It shows how the entity and references appear in the ASCII file.

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

www.FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Hi Suzanne Napoleon,

Thank you for the help. Could you please provide sample entity code and reference for the above element? As i am new in this FOSI, i tried to generated in Arbortext editor, it was not successful.

Thanks in Advance

Roopesh

Hi Roopesh,

In the following example, I have named the text entity highlight. The entity declaration in the FOSI would look like this in an ASCII editor:

<!ENTITY highlight '<att>

<charsubset>

<indent inherit="0"/>

</charsubset>

</att>'>

The e-i-c for each element in <dt> would look like this in an ASCII editor:

<e-i-c gi="ph" occur="dt">

<charlist inherit="1">

<indent inherit="0"/>

</charlist>

&highlight;

</e-i-c>

Good luck!

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for the code. I added above code in concept.fos and ditabase.fos just above the root tag<outspec> and call the entity reference. But i am getting many errors

1.     object out of context specval

2.     undeclared entity reference highlight

3.     Extra end tag encountered. The end tag is for element 'att'. A begin tag will be supplied

please help me where i need to place this entity?

Thanks

Roopesh

It sounds like there is a typo.

Suzanne

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:rnavath)

Hey Roopesh,

Were you able to sort this out?

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Top Tags