cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Issue with putgraph scaling

cgilliland
1-Newbie

Issue with putgraph scaling

Here's the dilemma:

We have a FOSI and a DTD.  The cover page is set with a region using a putgraph.  The putgraph inserts the outline for the content (which is actually done for every page in the entire publication).

The problem is that it works for some of us and not for others - the latter gets the image, scaled about 5 times larger than it really is.  This only happens on the cover page though.  All of the outline graphics, on every other page, work fine.

I have compared every setting on my system (with correct output) and a system that doesn't get the correct output.  Everything appears to be the same.  With the exception of the version: most of our team has AE 7.0, F000.  The FOSI and DTD works great, no problems.  We have another team that has AE 6.1.  This is the team that gets the incorrect output on the cover.

I'm not sure if the version is the issue, however, because it's only the cover page that is not setting up properly.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, Suzanne.  I put a ticket in with PTC, but we happened upon a solution today.  Apparently, all we had to do was open the graphic file, save it without making any changes, and then close it.  All of a sudden, it works!  Very odd.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Christy,

It is possible the same code in different places can format differently, so I think you are right to suspect the software version. I suggest you check with PTC/Arbortext support.

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

www.FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Thanks, Suzanne.  I put a ticket in with PTC, but we happened upon a solution today.  Apparently, all we had to do was open the graphic file, save it without making any changes, and then close it.  All of a sudden, it works!  Very odd.

In the past, graphics folks have told me they did the same thing -- opened the graphic file and saved it -- to get the graphics to display correctly. Seems weird to me, too, but if it works . . . !

Top Tags