cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Key mapping trouble

rschoen
1-Newbie

Key mapping trouble

I'm debugging some of our tools, etc. in our switchover from Arbortext v5.3 for Unix to Arbortext v6.1 M010 for Windows. We have quite a few key mappings that I was hoping would not require any changes. The problem I'm encountering is that and any key combination of ALT plus a lowercase letter, e.g., ALT+c to insert a comment, does not work in the Windows version of Arbortext. If I key ALT+c Arbortext just beeps at me and does nothing. ALT plus a non-alphanumeric key, e.g., ALT+-, works just fine. Any thoughts on what could be causing this problem?

Rick
4 REPLIES 4

Rick,

I am having the same issue trying to map from the command line.

What I see when I look at the full key mapping for Epic is there are no ALT
commands mapped to a single letter. ALT is used either with the Control key
or by itself with all keys except alpha keys (a-z). L

Really strange because I don't see any restriction for this in the Epic Help
Center topic (help 9018). I tried this with Epic 6.1 M020 and also tried it,
without success, in Epic 5.4.

Lynn

Hi Rick

I suspect you won't be able to map Alt-X key codes under Windows. These are used by the operating system as accelerator keys for the menu system in the Windows GUI. Eg. Alt-F is a common shortcut to bring up the "File" menu.

This means Arbortext cannot remap that key, as it is under the control of Windows.

// Gareth Oakes
// Chief Architect, GPSL
// www.gpsl.co

Lynn,

Thanks for backing me up. I was beginning to think that I was missing something obvious.

Rick

Gareth,

Shoot! I understand why this would be the case but I'm not happy about it. I guess I'll have to change those keymappings.

Thanks,
Rick

Top Tags