cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Licence Management

ptc-1178792
3-Visitor

Licence Management

I urgently need to return an Arbortext Epic 5.3 licence to reallocate it to a different user, however, the site has changed significantly and I cannot find where to return or obtain licences now. I was given instructions by my predecessor but they appear well out of date. I managed to return a licence and obtain a new one about 6 months ago using those instructions but they do not work any more.

5 REPLIES 5

You will have to lodge a support ticket. The web licensing tools no longer support Arbortext licensing for versions prior to 6.0. The old versions used ELAN licensing, the new versions use FlexNet. FlexNet is the PTC standard licensing mechanism.

Thanks for your reply,

I found a direct link to the site that I was not aware of that works fine, I have returned the licences and obtained new ones as required.

• It appears that the site that I am being diverted to is for the old Elan licencing. We are about to migrate over from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and will need to return all of our old licences to obtain new ones for the new machines. The old licencing site now seems to be stuck with this message "

• One or more licensing requests are already in process. You cannot create a new licensing request until you have received your license file. If your previous transaction was not successful, it can take up to 2 hours to clear." it has been nearly 4 hours now I cant return licences or obtain new ones and I have not had any licence key emails from PTC 
    • Our customer number is CSC (282233) which shows as 
    • Support Package gold if that helps. I tried to use the link above but it says I do have correct privileges. 

I think you may need to open a support case with PTC so the license management team can take a closer look.

Top Tags