cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

More than one command at a time?

ptc-6431250
1-Newbie

More than one command at a time?

Hello - this is my first time here, so I hope it is okay for me to ask a question regarding the Arbortext editor.

I am an end user and have just found out that I can map my own keyboard shortcuts through the command line. My coworkers and I are thrilled that we can do this and use the editor in a more personal adjusted way.

But I don't think we can save the shortcuts locally - I haven't figured out how anyway, and it's propably a good thing that we can't override what our system administrator has set.

My question is - are there any way of running more than one command at a time?

Eg. I have made these (and more):

map F10 insert_tag NR

map ctrl+d delete_tag

map ctrl+shift+T insert_tag TXT

and I copy/paste them in the Command line each time I start Arbortext editor. Do you know of any easier way?

Thanks 🙂

Betina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Betina,

For the content of my_keymap.acl did you have

map F10 insert_tag NR;

map ctrl+d delete_tag;

map ctrl+shift+T nsert_tag TXT;

Note the semi-colons at the end of the line.

Also, if you must use the Command line, then you could use the line

map F10 insert_tag NR; map ctrl+d delete_tag; map ctrl+shift+T nsert_tag TXT;

Again, note the semi-colons separating the commands.

Best regards,

Tim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You may create in ArbortextEditorInstallPath\custom\init an ACL file, like my_keymap.acl.

Place those commands inside my_keymap.acl.

This way when Arbortext Editor opens it automatically will run those commands for you.

To see the mapped keys from the Arbortext Editor Command: line run

show fullkeymaps

You can scroll through these to see the list of mapped keys and their functions

To see how to construct complex aliases, actions that can be mapped from the Arbortext Editor Command: line run

show aliases

You can see more details about commands and functions in the Arbortext Editor's Help Center, Help > Help Center also see the topics "Arbortext Command Language Reference", "Commands" and "Functions".

Also see "Description of the custom directory structure".

Best regards,

Tim

Thank you for your reply, Tim.

I tried making the acl file and placing it in the directory, but it doesn't make any difference on starting up. We usually don't have administrator rights and I think our system administrator has set up Arbortext editor to look for the files on a shared network drive (where I am not going to edit anything 😉

I have spent a lot of time looking through the help files and functions, but I am not a programmer so this forum was a last try.

Anyway, I have a way of mapping my own shortcuts and adjusting them from task to task, so I am happy - I merely wanted to hear if there was an easier way to do it. I guess not, with the rights I have as en end user.

Thanks again.

Betina

Betina,

For the content of my_keymap.acl did you have

map F10 insert_tag NR;

map ctrl+d delete_tag;

map ctrl+shift+T nsert_tag TXT;

Note the semi-colons at the end of the line.

Also, if you must use the Command line, then you could use the line

map F10 insert_tag NR; map ctrl+d delete_tag; map ctrl+shift+T nsert_tag TXT;

Again, note the semi-colons separating the commands.

Best regards,

Tim

You can use the source command at the command line to read a file with your keymappings. For example:

source my_keymap.acl

For details, search Help information for source command.

You may be able to rename my_keymap.acl and put it in a specific directory so that it is automatically sourced. Search Help information for Startup Command Files for details.

Thank you so much both of you.

I didn't have the semi-colons in the file, but wrote them now and got it to work by using the source command.

Thanks!

Top Tags