cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Multiple header rows in (one) custom table

ptc-5116136
1-Newbie

Multiple header rows in (one) custom table

Hi!

Is there a way in Arbortext with Styler, when making a custom table, to make more than one header row for that table? In other words, the header would be two rows.

There doesn't seem to be a way to do this via the Styler interface i.e. Custom Table tab. Perhaps there's a way involving editing the APP source ...

It would also be convenient to be able to merge cells in the header row. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this in the Custom Table tab either.

Someone might suggest, use a standard table! Unfortunately this isn't possible in this particular case. (I intend not to modify the DTD I am using.)

I appreciate your consideration.

1 REPLY 1

Custom tables are pretty limited, so you are probably running into some shortcomings already.

If you can't use "proper" table markup in your situation then there is an escape hatch available via APP as you mentioned. Once you add some APP edited source you can then use the Javascript FOM methods to create an arbitrarily complex table.

Google for "yahoo 3b2users" if you want to find and join the main APP (3B2) discussion group.

Top Tags