cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

NAVSEAC2 DTD and Architect 5.1, 5.3 M040

jgroves
3-Visitor

NAVSEAC2 DTD and Architect 5.1, 5.3 M040

All
Has anyone loaded the subject DTD into the subject versions of Architect? I
am having a problem validating the DTD in an SGML Document Type.
At line 123, column 22 the parser is telling me that it was expecting an
asterisk.
I am attaching a copy of the DTD. Any help that you can suggest would be
greatly appreciated.

John T. Groves
W R Systems, LTD.
2500 Almeda Ave
Suite 214
Norfolk, VA 23513-2403
Ph. 757.858.6000 ext 442
email: jgroves@wrsystems.com
But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be
restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.
<john adams=" 1775=">

8 REPLIES 8

My text editor shows line 122 column 22 as being in the middle of an SGML comment: "an SGML editing session with a null element. If this is necessary" Column 22 is between the words "editing" and "session". Maybe you could post what *you* see as line 122.
jgroves
3-Visitor
(To:jgroves)

Ed

I got through line 123, now it is line 234.

John

_____

Two things:
There is an XML declaration at the beginning of the file. [Suspect Architect added it because it assumed XML as a default]
The parameter entity 'yesorno' in the ATTLIST for warnsum does not have a semi-colon at the end [ '%yesorno' should be '%yesorno;']

-Bill

You have an XML declaration at the top of the DTD (")" This causes Arbortext Editor/Architect to try to validate it as an XML DTD. There are some syntactical and grammatical structures in this file that are non-XML-compliant. If you remove that line at the top of the file, Arbortext will parse it as SGML, I think.
jgroves
3-Visitor

Ed and William

Thank you for your responses. I have removed the declaration and inserted
the semi-colon. Now it needs a file called markitX. I know that there is a
folder labeled market that the market parser uses and I have copied that to
my doctype folder. But I can't find the file called markitx!

According to the Migration Issues Help, I should change the entity calls to
the *.ent (xml entities) but that is for XML not SGML.

"ISO 8879:1986//ENTITIES Added Latin 1//EN//XML"

John

_____

I believe that MarkIt is Arbortext Editor's SGML parser. If says it can't find it, perhaps your catalog path (APTCATPATH environment variable) is missing the %D as part of the value. %D is the Editor default catalog path.
If you have actually declared a catalog path for a catalog containing a catalog that maps your PUBLIC names, this value overwrites Arbortext Editor's default value unless you append the path with %D (separated by a semi-colon from the rest of the value). If you don't have %D in your catalog path, Arbortext Editor won't be able to find some or all of its own files.
jgroves
3-Visitor

Ed

That did it!!!! I added %D to the catalog path and it all works just as
advertised. I guess that I have been to close to the trees to see the
forest. I cannot thank you enough.

Have a wonderful day!

John

_____

Glad it worked! You said that you had copied some files to your doctype directory in an unsuccessful attempt to make this work. Now that you have got it working, make sure you get rid of any duplicate files that exist in both your doctype directory and the Arbortext Editor directories.
Top Tags