cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Object Info?

JB99
1-Newbie

Object Info?

I am using IsoDraw 7.1, I am creating Hotspots in my graphics. We import our graphics into SGML files. We need to have the ID for the hotspot to be a number, when I try to edit the ID in the object info dialog box it will only allow me to make changes to a number if I proceed the number with an underscore. It appears that it wants a text string in that block. Is there a way to allow a number to be inserted into the ID block without the underscore?

Also I have found that in the object info dialog box for the hotspots I see a selection "$datastring", in this datastring there is a location reference to x1,y1, x2 y2. I am having a problem in figuring out where these x,y numbers reference locations are. Does anyone have any idea what these x,y coordinates reference?

Thanks for any and all help

Keith

3 REPLIES 3

Object ID's should start with a letter or underscore.

Maybe you can use the object name as a reference instead

or crop the prefix from the object ID when using it.

However it is possible but not recommended to ignore the

object info warning just by hitting the "No change" button.

I suppose the "$datastring" that you mention is defined in

the DTD that you have selected. Maybe it is also documented

in that DTD file.

bgraffmann,

Thank you for your reply. Is there any way possible to extract the DTD information from an existing graphic file? It looks like we received a graphic from an outside source that has a custom DTD associated with the file and we do not have the actual DTD file.

Thank yopu for your help,

Keith

The DTD is not included to the iso file, but the object attributes are.

You can see them all in the object info dialog.

If they don't explain themself you might ask the creator of the file for a documentation.

Top Tags