cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Opening of creo .asm or .prt files in Arbortext Isodraw Cadprocess 7.3

ptc-4829643
4-Participant

Opening of creo .asm or .prt files in Arbortext Isodraw Cadprocess 7.3

Is it possible to open Creo Files .asm and .prt files in Arbortext Isodraw Cadprocess 7.3. In  the Moment I can open the files but they are completely empty. I get no modell and no object strucure

7 REPLIES 7

Here are the file types you are allowed to place. It looks like it should accept Creo files

bfriesen_0-1721071585310.png

Bryon

ptc-4829643
4-Participant
(To:bfriesen)

Yes I can open the files but then they are empty. Maybe des Version of the Creo files are not compatibel with Isodraw 7.3 . 

Hello @ptc-4829643

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped to answer your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Vivek N.
Community Moderation Team.

ptc-4829643
4-Participant

I can open Creo files but after opening they have no modell and no  structure. They are totally empty.

Can you save out of creo as a step, iges, or jt and then import it into isodraw? Which version of IsoDraw are you using, the latest is 7.4.2.0.  Maybe there is a compatibility issue with new creo and older Isodraw release.

Bryon 

ptc-4829643
4-Participant

I will try to install Isodraw 7.4. Maybe then it is possible to open Creo files directly.  In the past I get step files, and had no problems. Since I get step files in combination with the  use of the Siemens Teamcenter I have the problem that all components get the ID from the Siemens Teamcenter and its really difficult to identify the components with their ordernumber. 

I hope Isodraw 7.4 will solve my problem

You may also have some luck if you save your assembly as Creo View (*.pvz). This will probably preserve more of your data than a neutral export format like STEP.

Top Tags