cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Problem on running class file in ArborText Editor

prao
1-Newbie

Problem on running class file in ArborText Editor

Hi,

Could any one please help why the below exception is coming when a menu is clicked in ArborText Editor.

[A30135] Cannot load class CustomMenu because a dependent class was not found

CustomMenu is my custom class and it has some dependent jar files with folder contains some dependent class. I kept my CustomMenu.class and jar in the path \Arbortext Editor\custom\classes

\Arbortext Editor\custom\classes\CustomMenu.class

\Arbortext Editor\custom\classes\custom.jar

\Arbortext Editor\custom\classes\org(this folder contains dependent class files for CustomMenu)

After applying this I started ArborText Editor and I clicked my Menu , I am getting ([A30135] Cannot load class CustomMenu because a dependent class was not found), error at the bottom of the Editor

Could any one please help on this

Thanks.

Prashant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI Clay,

I don't now does this will help in all scenarios, I opened windows command prompt and I executed  the file "CustomMenu.class" , when I executed each time I got exception "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:" So what ever the dependent class jar missing I used to going on adding the jar in the path "\Arbortext Editor\custom\classes" till that file executed without errors. I don't know why this not displaying in Arbortext console.

Thanks,

Prashant.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
kjoono
5-Regular Member
(To:prao)

Hi Prashant

Does dependent class has package name ?

For example if dependent class's package name is 'org.custom'.

Then dependent class must be located in '\Arbortext Editor\custom\classes\org\custom'.

Otherwise if class has no package name, the class must be located in '\Arbortext Editor\custom\classes'.

Same as CustomMenu.class.

Thanks,

Kim, Joon O

prao
1-Newbie
(To:kjoono)

HI Kim,

Thanks for your immediate response. Class 'CustomMenu.class' has no package this file is kept in \Arbortext Editor\custom\classes path.But this class is using other class methods which is present in the folder org\... All these are kept under the path "\Arbortext Editor\custom\classes"

Thanks,

Prashant

ClayHelberg
17-Peridot

Hi Prashant--

Are you looking at the Java Console in Arbortext editor when this happens? You may be able to get more detailed stack trace information there that could help you troubleshoot which specific class is causing the problem. To display the Java Console, from the menus choose Tools->Administrative Tools->Java Console.

--Clay

HI Clay,

I have checked the console, but its blank.

Thanks,

Prashant

prao
1-Newbie

HI Clay,

I got the issue fixed, thank you very much.

Regards,

Prashant

ClayHelberg
17-Peridot

I'm glad to hear that. For future reference, what did you do to fix the problem?

--C

HI Clay,

I don't now does this will help in all scenarios, I opened windows command prompt and I executed  the file "CustomMenu.class" , when I executed each time I got exception "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:" So what ever the dependent class jar missing I used to going on adding the jar in the path "\Arbortext Editor\custom\classes" till that file executed without errors. I don't know why this not displaying in Arbortext console.

Thanks,

Prashant.

Top Tags