cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Question mark symbol (Hex Code �) appearing at top of DITA xml

kregimbald
9-Granite

Question mark symbol (Hex Code �) appearing at top of DITA xml

A black diamond with a white question mark symbol is appearing randomly at the top of our DITA xml content. Both in English and French content. It is the hex code ࿽

Does anyone know why this symbol is appearing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Not sure if I have found the solution or not...still gathering user feedback.

However, I have noticed that since changing my preferences there have been no reports of the 'question mark' symbol appearing at the top of our DITA content.

What I tried is this...

I went into my AE preferences and under the "save" category there are two fields that should be checked. They are "convert character entities on save" and the other is under write non-ASCII Characters as "numeric character references".

I will update whether or not this has truly resolved the issue after a few more days of testing.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Not sure if I have found the solution or not...still gathering user feedback.

However, I have noticed that since changing my preferences there have been no reports of the 'question mark' symbol appearing at the top of our DITA content.

What I tried is this...

I went into my AE preferences and under the "save" category there are two fields that should be checked. They are "convert character entities on save" and the other is under write non-ASCII Characters as "numeric character references".

I will update whether or not this has truly resolved the issue after a few more days of testing.

Top Tags