cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Reduce nodes generated from native PRO-E file.

Savera
1-Newbie

Reduce nodes generated from native PRO-E file.

Hi, I am receiving lots of illustration in ISO format which are converted from PRO-E, Solidworks, etecetera softwares. If i check the entities when opening in Isodraw they have lot of nodes(line segments). If i try to remove the nodes by using OPTIMIZE-SMOOTH, or AUTOMATIC option the profile of the entites are changing. If the Line segments are reduced the file size is reducing. My targeted output is webCGM(exported form iso, web cgm, compressed) of lesser file size(~250Kb).

Is there any option to achieve the target? Your thoughts.

Thanks for your cooperation.

1 REPLY 1

A couple different paths. Depending on what you are attempting to get in the middle. We've had good results using iges as an intermediary file type. The other option would be to get in touch with PTC support. I know when we first started we had issues bringing in some of the lightweight files as they had a lot of artifacts. Working with support we were able to update our recipe file on the CAD worker and improved the quality immensely. Note that this last option will require them to work with your server team and likely isn't a quick fix.

Top Tags