cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Referenced footnote in a table in table not displaying

bfriesen
16-Pearl

Referenced footnote in a table in table not displaying

I have referenced a footnote in a table that is in a table, the reference and the footnote are both in the second table. When I publish the pdf, the footnote appears but the refereced one does not. I think the context should be under xref. But what should my context look like

Thanks for any help

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Bryon--

Try setting tgroup as "ancestor" rather than "parent" and see if that works better.

--Clay

Thanks Clay, it now did not give me the parent warning anymore. but my output is still not showing either. I have attached a screen shot of my window.

thanks

Bryon

Hi Bryon--

You might need to adjust the order of your contexts. Try moving the "xref anywhere in tgroup anywhere in tgroup" up in the list so it appears before "xref anywhere in tgroup".

--Clay

Thanks for the suggestions Clay. This is what I got back from PTC support.

This warning is generated during composition:
WARNING: Cannot evaluate XPath expression in stylesheet. An XPath Predicate is used in a Styler context for an element that occurs in generated text. (The predicate may have been generated by Styler to represent a position qualifier on a parent or ancestor.) This context will be ignored in FOSI-based outputs when processing elements in generated text. Element: xref. XPath expression: xref[@type='fn'].

That is the issue. It is a limitation not a bug. The solution is to add a condition to test @type=fn for the tgroup//xref context and paste the properties from xref[@type='fn'] there. Then you will get the footnote mark output.

Updated**

Create a condition in the xref anywhere in tgroup

Bryon

Top Tags