cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Request for support

prao
1-Newbie

Request for support

HI Team,

As per my requirement I have created new menus and sub menus on menu bar of ArborText editor, The actual requirement of mine is  when I click on new menu then it should check the words presented on editor window with the data coming from some service  , if the words are not matching then the non matching words should be colored(red). I am new to ACL , kindly do some need full help on this please.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kjoono
5-Regular Member
(To:prao)

Hi Prashant

I made a simple sample for your requrest and attached file.

Attached sample include adding custom menu, matching text and changing text color.

- ptc_init.acl : copy into '/Arbortext Editor/custom/init' folder

- ptc_menu.acl and ptc_check_word.acl : copy into '/Arbortext Editor/custom/scripts' folder

- Sample Topic.dita : sample document

After copy files, relaunching Arbortext Editor.

So you can see new menu of 'Custom Menu'.

There are two considerations.

1) I don't understand that you want to find non-matching word not matching word.

So I was considering case of matching word.

2) When publishing, Touchup is prior to stylesheet. So Touchup style is applied Publishing Output.

If you want to only checking in Arbortext Editor you should remove Touchup PI before Publishing.

Hope that helps,

Kim, Joon O

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rdiaz
5-Regular Member

Hi Prashant,

This sound like a Compare process.  Is the compare utility in the Editor not what  you are looking for?

How would your process differ?

What is the nature of the 'data coming from some service'?  XML fille?

prao
1-Newbie
(To:rdiaz)

HI Rafael Diaz,

Thanks for your valuable response , we are getting data in the form of XML only.Do we have any documents with examples to follow better.

With Regards,

Prashant

kjoono
5-Regular Member

Hi Prashant

If you want to change color of non matching words you should use 'Touchup'.

Touchup is PI and provide user-dfine style without stylesheet.

To use Touchup PI, choose 'Format > Touchup > Font'.

By use touchup as follow :

<p><?Pub _font FontColor="red"?>non matching words<?Pub /_font?> ....</p>

After you find non matching words, you should insert 'Touchup' PI using ACL.

Hope that helps.

Kim, Joon O

prao
1-Newbie
(To:kjoono)

HI Kim,

Thanks for immediate response, I am very new to this ACL platform, can I have any reference examples or documents to follow.

With Regards,

Prashant

kjoono
5-Regular Member

Hi Prashant

I made a simple sample for your requrest and attached file.

Attached sample include adding custom menu, matching text and changing text color.

- ptc_init.acl : copy into '/Arbortext Editor/custom/init' folder

- ptc_menu.acl and ptc_check_word.acl : copy into '/Arbortext Editor/custom/scripts' folder

- Sample Topic.dita : sample document

After copy files, relaunching Arbortext Editor.

So you can see new menu of 'Custom Menu'.

There are two considerations.

1) I don't understand that you want to find non-matching word not matching word.

So I was considering case of matching word.

2) When publishing, Touchup is prior to stylesheet. So Touchup style is applied Publishing Output.

If you want to only checking in Arbortext Editor you should remove Touchup PI before Publishing.

Hope that helps,

Kim, Joon O

prao
1-Newbie
(To:kjoono)

HI Kim,

Given example helped me a lot , thank you very much , is there any way to give the popup for text which changed colored(red) when clicking on that ?

Thanks,

Prashant.

Top Tags