cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

S1000D Data Module Linking

puser
1-Newbie

S1000D Data Module Linking

Fellow Forum Members,

I'm using the PTC Arbortext S1000D CSDB Suite of tools. In the PUBLISHER module I have the ability to publish either a PDF, a PDA or a IETP.  The problem I'm having relates with hyperlinks between two Data Modules.  I am using the DMREF code to setup links between two data modules and the DMREF code works correctly for the PDA and IETP publications I publish.  However,  for the PDF publication it's a different story.  All of my links to other data modules are dead within the PDF publication. Nothing happens when I click on them. In contrast, the links in my IETP and PDA work correctly and even show up as BLUE.

In short, why do my DMREF coded links to other data modules work correctly in PDA and IETP publications but for a PDF publication the links are dead?  My hunch is the S1000D version 4 schema requires I use Xlink code instead of DMREF coed  however I have not been able to get the Xlink code to work properly in all three publication types.  Another hunch I have relates to the BREX.   Is it possible my BREX can have some rule inside of it that disables my DMREF coded links when I try to publish a PDF.  Any opinions will be greatly appreciated. 

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags