cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

SELECT OBJECT

acs_alan
1-Newbie

SELECT OBJECT

Helllo,

Thanks for looking, my problem may be simple - but it has been driving me crazy! I want to select an object based on its element ID (Object ID). I have tried a group and a line and i5 doesn't select the object. I have even tried SELECT IF. As a last ersort I used tool on the main toolbar, edit menu -> Select... and nothing is selected.

When I find an element ID using ISM (el.element_id) it returns the number (not the "AUTOID_") so I have also tried only the number part. If you look at the 7.1 Macro Language Reference documentation, page 64 I have followed the examples, even changing some wording around, just encase a typo exist in the documentation.

Has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution?

Many thanks

Alan

2 REPLIES 2

I just tried what you were attempting and did have a little trouble at first. Didn't seem to work immediately. Not sure if I had something set wrong or now.

Unfortunately/fortunately it did start working and I can't reproduce the initial problem. Now I can get both methods below to work without issue.

Select if Object_id is equal to 'AUTOID_34169'

and
Select if Object_id contains '34169'

Note that I'm running 7.2, build M020.

Hello Alan,

It should be a closed element like. eg: a rectangle.

Then only you can select using object ID.

Thanks & Regard

Vaduga

Top Tags