cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Strange behavior with latest 40051-2C config files

Bobbert
6-Contributor

Strange behavior with latest 40051-2C config files

Hi,

I've been using Arbortext 7.1 to author documents that use the 40051-2C XML architecture. 

The latest version of the configuration files are acting strangely.  Apparently, you can insert any tag anywhere.  That is, when I click Insert > Markup for any tag, I get a big list of tags that starts with a.statement and ends with zip.

In some ways, this looks like a good thing, but it will probably cause problems somewhere.  I'm wondering if this was intentional, accidental, or maybe a problem at my end.  I've done a WinMerge comparison of the last two versions of the config files and can't find any clue to what's going on.

I access the config files from https://pubsweb.redstone.army.mil/DTD-FOSI/Webpages-60/ALLDTDs-AMCOM.html.  It's the 40051C 6.0 link at the top that's dated 11/11/18.

Thanks,

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It sounds like the document has context rules turned off. Select Tools>Context Rules to see if context rules are on or off. If the document is out of context, context rules are automatically turned off. Select Tools>Check Completeness to find context errors.

Hope this helps!

Suzanne Napoleon

FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It sounds like the document has context rules turned off. Select Tools>Context Rules to see if context rules are on or off. If the document is out of context, context rules are automatically turned off. Select Tools>Check Completeness to find context errors.

Hope this helps!

Suzanne Napoleon

FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology"

That was exactly the problem.  The updated architecture doesn't like some of my customizations.  Thanks for your help.

Top Tags