cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Styler 6.1 monocrome publish

MotonobuHirose
5-Regular Member

Styler 6.1 monocrome publish

Hello,

My customer wants to publish in grayscale PDF for printing. I configured .appcf file below;

<PDFMode color="mono" defaultLanguage="" fastWebView="no"/>
<Compatibility layers="yes" tagging="inherit">
<PDF level="1.7"></PDF>
</Compatibility>
<ColorProfile defaultCMYK="" defaultGray="" defaultRGB=""/>
<Images epsDPI="600" linked="original"/>

The output looks good (=monocrome) from my eyes, however it includes all CMYK colors when customer analyze it in Adobe Acrobat.

Is it possible to publish true grayschale PDF ?

*I use Styler 6.1 M030.

Best Regards,

Hirose

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Hirose,

It appears that the PDFLib monochrome output will be in the form of a CMYK file. However all colours are converted to tints of black. If your customer requires a "true grayscale" (non-CMYK) PDF file then I don't believe that can come directly from Styler (APP) itself. There are plenty of PDF tools capable of manipulating the file after it comes out of Styler (APP). Even Acrobat can do colour-to-grayscale. Another idea is to have the customer implement a preflight step where they check the PDF for non-black ink usage.

BTW if you test with FOSI engine I believe this will use RGB instead.

Cheers,

Gareth

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:MotonobuHirose)

Hi Hirose,

Was Gareth's input enough for you, or did you have any further questions on this issue? Please let the community if you do. Thanks!

Top Tags