cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Triggering Workflow from Editor

STEPHENWHITTLE
4-Participant

Triggering Workflow from Editor

Hi all,

I have, what feels like it should be, a fairly common use case that I'm having difficulties implementing.

An Author working in Arbortext Editor creates content. At various points s/he will save the work in progress content to Windchill (using WC Integration) - leaving the content checked out. Not until Author has completed his/her assignment will they check-in the document. This final act of checking in, should trigger the next stage in the process - the Review. The customer does not want the Author to have to go into WC to trigger the Review step.

The problem that I'm having is that the workflow is being started once the document is first uploaded to WC and a dynamic document object created. It appears that the WC Adapter is performing a check-in/out in the background. I could have a "submit" activity assigned to the author but... this involves the user progressing it by going into WC.

Has anyone had to implement a similar use case? Is there some OOTB feature(s) I could use? Any ideas?

Thanks and best regards, Steve W.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags