cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Using Mathcad data in Arbortext Editor

TshedisoSerei
1-Newbie

Using Mathcad data in Arbortext Editor

Hi All

How does one reuse Mathcad data in Arbortext Editor?

If one has done calculations in Mathcad, it is unprodcutive to use the Editor's Equation Editor to key in the calculations again...

Thanking you

Tshediso

5 REPLIES 5
pnagai
4-Participant
(To:TshedisoSerei)

Hi Tshediso,

I'm sorry, I don't use Mathcad, so I have no idea.

Your best bet, however, if you haven't solved this or moved on already, is to join the Adepters mailing list where lots and lots of Arbortext users, admins, and developers hang out 24/7/366 (it is a leap year, you know!). Information on joining that list (as well as pointers to lots of other Arbortext resources) can be found here:

http://blog.single-sourcing.com/top-arbortext-resources

See also:

http://www.single-sourcing.com/company/social.html

Good luck!

Thank you Paul

Hi!

Could you provide more detailed comments? In Mathcad you can export the output calculated data into Excel format.

Hi Vladimir

Suppose a customer has Engineers who do calculations in Mathcad and they are subject matter experts in this regard.

On the other hand they have Technical Authors who need to use the calculations from Mathcad in Editor on a WYSIWYG basis while keeping the link with Mathcad such that when calculations are updated in Matchcad, they are automatically updated in Editor upon Refresh or something to that effect.

So, a similar functionality to Mathcad and Creo?

Thanking you

Tshediso

Tshediso Serei wrote:

Hi Vladimir

... when calculations are updated in Matchcad, they are automatically updated in Editor upon Refresh or something to that effect...

Tshediso,

Such a possibility does not exist between Mathcad and Arbortext Editor.

Top Tags