cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Valign in converting header rows function

ptc-3063012
1-Newbie

Valign in converting header rows function

Hello,

When I use the "Convert to header rows" option under the table menu, AT converts the select rows under <thead>. However it automatically sets the valign attribute to top on every entry in thead on the converted row. Is there a preference or option to restrict this. I am using AT 5.4

Karthik

4 REPLIES 4

Sounds like your DTD has a default setting for the valign attribute. The default for a CALS table is centered.

\ / Andy Esslinger LM Aero - Tech Order Data
_____-/\-_____ (817) 279-0442 1 Lockheed Blvd, MZ 4285
\_\/_/ (817) 777 3047 Fort Worth, TX 76108-3916

Hi Andy,

I checked our schema and it does not have any default for valign. I was referring to the ArborText Help Center on topic called "Attribute Inheritance and minimization" section which talks about some system default (see attachment). I was looking if this is something that can be modified or does this needs to be done programmatically through ACL.

Karthik

It's not the fault of the DTD. It's something the table editor is
doing, and I'm not sure how to stop it. You'll have to file a Support
case to ask about that.

The default for a CALS table is not centered. The choices are top,
middle, bottom, but there is either no DTD default per the spec (see

Thank for your response Paul. I raised a support ticket to PTC and received the below response - seem no OOTB solution

=======

This is the expected, current behavior and unfortunately, there’s not a way to turn if off.

Table properties and what should happen to them when cells are moved or copied is always controversial. We generally try to preserve the settings. This case is complicated because the default for vertical alignment is different for a header cell (“bottom”) as opposed to a body cell (“top”). So, when you change the row to be a header row, the vertical alignment would change if we didn’t do anything (if no attribute was set). Again, we try to preserve the settings, so in this case, we explicitly set the attribute so the cell’s vertical alignment remains unchanged.

We currently have no method to override this.
=======

Karthik

Top Tags