cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

When will Arbortext 8.0 be released?

ovoils
6-Contributor

When will Arbortext 8.0 be released?

I haven't been able to find information anywhere about the release schedule for Arbortext Editor. We're a partner of PTC since we integrate with Arbortext Editor but I don't have any direct contacts at PTC who can help. We've never been in any beta program but we would like to access to early beta builds.

Does anyone know when Arbortext 8.0 is scheduled for release and how I can can register for the beta program?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ovoils
6-Contributor
(To:GarethOakes)

@GarethOakes Thanks Gareth. I finally found out who our partner manager is. Smiley Happy 

It took a while but persistence pays off!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

If you're a partner of PTC, you should contact your partner manager who can advise about joining beta or early release programs. These sort of things need to be vetted and approved by product management.

If you go to support.ptc.com, Arbortext, you will see in the Quick Links at the bottom-left corner a link to the PTC Product Calendar. This will show you current, approved information regarding the release schedules. http://support.ptc.com/cs/product_calendar/PTC_Product_Calendar.htm

Major Arbortext release occur roughly every two years so I wouldn't expect Arbortext 8.0 (or 7.1?) until at least mid 2017.

ovoils
6-Contributor

@GarethOakes Thanks Gareth. I finally found out who our partner manager is. Smiley Happy 

It took a while but persistence pays off!

FWIW, the PTC Product Calendar is currently showing a tentative release date for Arbortext 7.1 in December 2017.

Thanks Gareth- yes, we just added that. We'll be doing a 7.1 release (not 8.0). I'll have some details on what we are planning in the next month or so.

Please keep suggestions for enhancements/usability requests coming- they are what we consider (and some that are coming in 7.1).

I haven't seen any announcements about a new Arbortext release. The PTC product calendar still shows December 2017. Does anyone know when 7.1 will become available? 

Arbortext 7.1 is available right now. They released it a couple of weeks back.

ovoils
6-Contributor

Thanks, Gareth! I hadn't received any release announcement. 

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:ovoils)

Here is the release calendar for Arbortext:

Pic_1.png

7.1 version F000 just came out, I downloaded over Christmas break. it looks good so far. Haven't had time to do a lot of looking. Pushpinder Toor did a presentation on some of the new features a few weeks back and maybe you can find the webinar.

ptc-4791061
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

When 8.0 is released, will it be compatible with Windchill 11?  Will we have to make any changes to make them compatible?  When we went from AE 6 to 7, we had to make changes to the DITA to allow it to be burst into Windchill 11.  Will we have to make changes to convert from AE 7 to 8?

Hello-
We are expecting Arbortext 8.0 to be released in late summer- aiming for September 2019 but this information is subject to change.
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

You can find PTC's software reseller in your region here: Find a Software Reseller - PTC

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

New date - "Q3 2019":

Pic_2.png

ovoils
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

Hi Pushpinder,

Is there any update on the Arbortext 8.0 update?

I didn't notice any change to the schedule or see any release announcement.

Thanks,

Olivia

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

It was released on September 26th.

Pic_2.png

Top Tags